This blog includes a variety of commentary that is categorized by several key topics shown in the cloud at the right. To view a few examples of my projects, for example, simply click on the case study category.
An inventor with a recently awarded patent was seeking a quick and cost-effective start-up to help create support and commercialize the concept.
Several initial meetings were held with the inventor to discuss the intellectual property followed by a thorough analysis of the market (customer needs, competition, size, obstacles, etc). Ringbolt created and managed the startup by conducting multiple, simultaneous activities including the following.
- Incorporated the company and obtained professional services
- Designed the company brand (personality, logo)
- Created the company website and content (pages, posts, video teaser)
- Identified, engaged and qualified product developers
- Wrote the company business plan, marketing program plans, and a case study of a competitor that had successfully entered the market
- Built an advisory team (regulatory, market, development)
- Created a detailed, five-year proforma forecast in Excel
- Created PowerPoint presentations and managed submissions for grant competitions and investor meetings
Actions, including those taken above led to finalist status in both The Big Launch Competition and the NC Idea SEED Grant program. The rapid development of the startup and public awareness opened doors to potential investors, enabling the inventor to accelerate the advancement of the concept toward commercialization.
I’ll be discussing modern Devil’s Advocacy on Thursday, November 12th at 1:30 PM (ET) with Adrian Reed, author, speaker, consultant, and principal of Blackmetric Business Solutions.
This casual and open exchange of ideas will be informative and useful to anyone responsible for decision-making, such as business analysts and project managers, including both experienced practitioners in senior roles and those who are early in their careers.
Please share this free event with those in your network and register today to reserve your seat at https://bit.ly/2GZjUdV